Dienstag, 21. Juni 2016

Bangkok at second sight

fun to ride but annoying
After the relaxing week in Krabi we went back to Thailands capitol for another two night because we had our flight back home from Bangkok.
The second time to see this city gave me good impression of the town. I talked to different people and they agreed with my feelings and impressions.

My advise for your trip
Transportation as I sad is the easiest and cheapest by train or metro. If you want more comfort take a taxi. They are quite cheap and realiable.
Do not take a tuk-tuk because they often work with some tailor. That means you will get a very low price for your journey. If the price is really ridicolous the driver will stark asking you to go to see this and that which is quite nice. After that he asks to buy some shirts or scarfs. He would know a place. We do not have to buy but to see. That way he receives a stamp. Enough stamps he gets free gasoline... Travelling without arguing - taxi or public transportation.

My opinion of this city: 
I first liked the city very much, Not very dirty, people are quite nice, good food....
When we came back that changed a lot.
view from the room
The roads are not very dirty but the air and the river are very much. The tuk-tuk drivers are not very friendly and probably poor guys. The city never sleeps. No matter of time it is very likely that there is a traffic jam in Bangkok.
There are lots of cultural sights to see. And to be honest we did not see the each and every corner of Bangkok but it semes that there are not many different things to see. Yes, hundreds of temples but if you have seen one you have seen them all.

To make a long story short I will certainly go there for a stop over to buy some new shirts and go for the delicous street food but not for anything else. I am sorry to tell you, Bangkok, you are not my city. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen