Samstag, 23. April 2016

Bangkok at first glance Part 1

I am now working in the tourism business for quite a few years. During this time a sold so many flights and packages for Thailand but this country never attracted me that much to go for myself. When we decided to go for some holidays we chose Thailand but to be honest I was not very confident. But this was going to turn out the opposit. Well, I have to admit it is a great country for different reasons!

Late at night we arrived in Bangkok completely wasted from the journey. So we took a taxi instead of the Skytrain, which is certainly much cheaper than the taxi. We payed like 450 Bath to the hotel which was in Sukhumvit Soi 2. The receptionist at the Aspen Suites gave us a upgrade. So our large room got even larger. Very nice!
Back on the streets we explored the neigbourhood, had a good bite and went for a beer in a sportsbar. Yeah, sorry, i was very tired so I forgot all the names of these places.
Sukhumvit Road is the vibrant heart of the city of Bangkok. Or on of many hearts. Huge shopping malls, tousands of bars, many restaurant, massage salons, tailors and hotels and so on... That attracts lots of tourists, so it did us ;-)

I got a bad cold on the first morning but as I was in Bangkok now I had to get up an explore the city. The first thing we did was going to this tailor to get some shirts. After this exciting experience we headed to the king palace. On the way one of these famous tuk-tuks picked us up and brought us to the palace. On the road he was talking and offering to bring us to a jetty. From there we should take a boat to a famous tempel called Wat Arun and to the old town were the people live in houses on stilts. We made a good price (I think we paid 300 Bath for the two of us and for one hour) and took place in the boat.

The Chao Phraya River divides the city in two parts. The river is not worth to see, brown water and very busy with boats. But you are not looking at the water during this trip. The skyscrapers, bridges and temples catch your eyes. When I sat in this boat I became an idea of Bangkoks dimensions. It is huge and very diverse. A brandnew skyscraper with blue glass all over next to historic tempel. It feels strange but they go along very well. By the way Bangkok has a garbage collection on the water. How cool is that.!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen