Samstag, 22. November 2014

Willemstad - Curaçaos city

Willemstad: Punda
When I was not at the beach, snorkeling or doing anything else related to the beach I was in Curaçaos capital city Willemstad. The city center is not very big. You don't need much time to see everything. This old part of the town is diveded by the Sint Annabai the huge bay that give Willemstad a natural harbour. On one side of the Sint Annabai there is Punda and on the other side is Otrabanda. These two parts build the heart of the city. They are connected by the Queen Emma Bridge and if that swinging brigde is open there are ferries cruising. Just expoler the city. There is a daily market that sells mainly food imported from Venezuela. Willemstad is also good for shopping. Firstly you don't pay taxes and secondly there are a lot of shops. I am sure you will find what you need.
I would like to point out some restaurants and bars.
Queen Emma Bridge

I want to recomend you the Iguana Cafe just next to the Queen Emma Brigde (Punda). Why don't you go there for a drink just before sunset. No worries the prices are very low and I heard the food is quite good. I just had some beers....

Just in the center where you have the Curaçao sign there are two restaurants. I tried the one on the right. Do not ask for the name but the food was quite good and not to expensive.

Before I leave the topic food I have to tell you about this burgers on the street on Plaza Jo-Jo Correa. There is this small stand which sells burgers. They are good and very che
ap like $2.00. Go and try one...

live music @ Rock Beach
On Petermaai Road there are two realy cool places. Unfortunately I do not have any address but you can not miss these places. One of my favourite places I have ever been to is called Rock Beach! It is a place next to the ocean with live music, food and drink. We sat in the back and ordered some food and beers to start. The food was amazing very very tasty.... Uhhh gosh I have to go back there. After having had dinner we went to the stage for the blues concert of the night. It was Ralph de Jongh a durch blues man. Crazy guy but wonderful music. This guy I can tell you feels the blues! Please dear reader just go there I can not describe this place. It is just perfect for dinner and some good live music. They are open on weekends only. It is free entry and mostly blues and rock sessions.
Just across there is the blue bird cafe. A nice small bar. The barkeeper looks a bit like Herbie Hankock and mixes cool drinks. I suggest you to go there for you Blue Curaçao the typical Curaçaon drink. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen